5K & KIDS' FUN RUN COURSE MAP
Both races will run throughout the North Cross School campus. Race Marshals, Public Safety, and NCS PA members will be along the course and at intersections to guide you along both the race path. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to see a GoPro of the entire 5K race.
Check out our Training page for lots of tips to get prepared!
5K COURSE DIRECTIONS
1. From the starting line, you will make a gentle loop around Red Barn Field
2. Cross the paved campus road and run uphill around Fishwick Tennis Center and down.
3. Cross the paved campus road again, and run between Cook Field and Porterfield Ball Park toward the backwoods.
4. You’ll finish Mile 1 running in the backwoods. You’ll begin Mile 2 as you loop around the innermost North Fork Trail.
5. As you descend from the backwoods, stay to your right. You’ll pass Porterfield Ball Park, Willis Field, Willis Hall, Ellis Hall, and Slack Hall all on your right.
6. As you round the corner of Eaton Hill, you will begin Mile 3. It is here you will take the hill!
7. You will follow the Middle School Trail to Penn Forest, around the outer loop of the North Fork Trail.
8. As you come out of the backwoods, stay to the left of Cook Field, heading back to Red Barn Field.
9. You will run the final gentle loop around Red Barn Field and finish where you started!
NCS Cross Country Runner leading the 2021 Fun Runners
KIDS' FUN RUN COURSE DIRECTIONS
The Fun Run will start and finish at the same starting line as the 5K and loop the Fishwick Tennis Center Hill. The course is 0.8 miles. An NCS Cross Country Runner will lead the kids. We will also have some NCS Cross Country Runners in the back, ensuring no kids are left behind!
1. From the starting line, the kids will follow the cross country runners on a gentle loop around Red Barn Field.
2. They will cross the paved campus road and run uphill around Fishwick Tennis Center and back down the hill.
3. They’ll cross the paved campus road again and head back toward Red Barn Field.
4. They will run the final gentle loop around Red Barn Field and finish where they started!
A C&C Runner crosses the 5K finish line.